Highly motivated frontend web developer committed to building clean, efficient and performant websites and applications.
- Build tools: Git, CLI (Bash/Zsh), Node.js, Yarn, npm, Gulp, Webpack, SSH, Netlify, Heroku, Lighthouse
- Frameworks and libraries: Vue.js, ASP.NET, Bootstrap, Gatsby.js, Jekyll,
- Content management systems: Umbraco, WordPress, Drupal (some familiarity)
- Database: MySQL, JSON, Cube.js
- Work as assistant to the senior developer primarily within Node.js and ASP.NET infrastructures.
- Primarily use Umbraco for user interfaces and content management.
- Work remotely part time with bi-monthly onsite days for project planning and liaison.
Remote web developer - clareshort.org
- Rt. Hon Clare Short is the UK's former Secretary of State for International Development.
- Developed, designed and now maintain clareshort.org as a responsive WordPress.org website.
- In addition to ongoing maintenance and content manangement I provide technical SEO services.
- Hired by the University's Digital Humanities Lab to make customisations to the Making African Connections Digital Archive.
- Introduced several front-end refinements to make the site responsive and ensure functionality not compromised on 2G African networks.
- Implemented backend processes to assist researchers in showcasing artefacts.
Remote web developer - Modish Living
- Modish Living is a reclaimed furniture retailer located in Hove, East Sussex.
Implemented a redesign of their Shopify site and introduced, several custom features that were lacking in previous iterations of the site, including:
- a graphical page builder to allow content managers to easily add content blocks and contral layout and placement
- a custom 'mega navigation' that enabled in-menu promotions
- the introduction of a 3D product image rotator
- streamlining the aggregration and compression of high-resolution product-images with modern pipeline
- I now maintain the site on a retainer basis.
Remote web developer - Colour Me KT
- Refurbished/upscaled furniture store with Shopify e-commerce site.
- Managed the domain migration from Etsy/Facebook to a dedicated Shopify store that integrates the different product lines and selling channels
- Made numerous front end alterations to the site and built new templates for curated blog and product content.
- Conducted a detailed technical SEO audit of the site, implementing the recommendations myself
- I now maintain the site on a retainer basis
Technical SEO analyst - RocketMill
- Managed several client accounts as chief SEO manager: Dropbox, Financial Times, Kimberley Clark.
- Through regular technical auditing, competitor and link analyses, forecasting and data review I was able to help clients solve technical search issues and drive market performance.
SEO analyst - Oban International
- Joined Oban as a developer with limited SEO experience. Underwent six-month training programme to assimilate the core principles and procedures of SEO, with a specific focus on international markets and technologies.
- Contributed to the SEO management of a range of client accounts including the BBC World Service, Camper, and AXA Healthcare Insurance.
- Learned how search engines and ranking algorithms work outside of the Google sphere, i.e Yandax, Baidu, Naver etc.
- Qualified as a primary school teacher in 2012. Passed professional induction in 2013.
- Worked as a teacher in a number of schools throughout South London, mainly teaching Years 4 and 5.