I’m Thomas Bishop, an independent web developer and educator based in East Sussex on the south coast of the UK.
I took up development professionally in 2016 but I first gained an interest in programming studying philosophy and logic at the Univerisity of Warwick.
Before entering tech, I worked as a primary school teacher in schools throughout south London and served as curriculum head for computing. Prior to this I was a digital resources facilitator in colleges across south London.
Before switching to fulltime development I worked for a while as a technical SEO consultant in agencies. I learned a lot in this role and I continue to utilise my SEO skills when developing sites.
I went fully freelance in February 2019. I have completed work for the University of Sussex and have also acquired several clients on retainer. Currently, I am working on a commercial web application but am also seeking additional freelance development work.
I live to learn, to work and to create. When the three are combined, life is good 🤓.
- Being a paw-rent to Carrie, my Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- SNES gaming
- Weight training
- Music: modular synth stuff, drum and bass, techno, hip hop, Bach, 60s/70s, oldschool/death/black metal
- Literature: sci-fi, science, biographies, mystical/occult, philosophy
- Desktop: Apple iMac 5k 27" 2019 (3.7GHz, 16 GB, Hybrid Drive), OS: macOS Mojave
- Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2011 (2.3Ghz, 8GB, SSD), OS: macOS High Sierra
- Monitor (right): Dell 27" LCD USB-C Monitor
- Monitor (left): LG 21" LCD VGA Monitor
- Hard drives: Samsung T3 Portable SSD 500GB (general purpose); WD MyPassport HDD ~375GB (back-ups); Hitachi 320GB SATA HDD now used externally (graphic work)
- Code editor: VS Code, preferred themes: One Monokai or Panda
- Preferred mono typefaces: Monoid, Iosevka, Input Mono Condensed, Fira Mono
- Graphic design: Sketch
- Terminal: iTerm 2 running Oh My Zsh
- Version control: Git and GitHub
- Code sharing: CodePen
- Webhooks: Slack
- Code logging: WakaTime
- Note-taking: Notion